Charles Perreaud, Commissioner of Jurors
Hall of Justice
99 Exchange Blvd.
Rochester NY 14614
Jury Exit Questionnaire
ADA Accessibility Guide to Monroe Central Jury Room
Identity Theft: What You Need To Know
Daily Call-In Message
MONROE JURY REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS UPDATED AS OF 4:30 PM on 3/7/14
The Hall of Justice is rarely closed because of inclement weather. You may call 371-3860, to verify that the building is open.
Before you report, answer all questions on the back of your summons - do not tear apart the form the entire document will be collected when you check in. Jurors may enter the Hall of Justice from the main entrance on Exchange Blvd, opposite the Blue Cross Arena. Allow time to find parking and an additional 30 minutes for security screening. Do not bring items that are potential weapons such as glass bottles, knitting needles, pocket knives, scissors or any other metal utensil or tool.
In the event of problems with this web site please check the telephonic versions of reporting instructions. If your service begins on a Monday or Tuesday, call 585-371-3852, if a Thursday is your first day of expected service call 585-371-3854.
Please be on time so the orientation can begin as scheduled.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MARCH 6, 2014 JURY TERM:
Juror #'s 66 - 200 Please check this web site or call Monday, March 10, 2014 after 5:30 PM for further reporting instructions as you are NOT required to report Monday.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MARCH 10, 2014 JURY TERM:
Juror #'s A1 - A255 You are required to REPORT Monday, March 10, 2014 no later than 8:30 AM to the Central Jury Room located on the first floor of the Hall of Justice. Please see below for additional reporting instructions.
Juror #'s A256 - A375 Please check this web site or call Monday, March 10, 2014 at 12:45 PM for further reporting instructions. If employed, advise your employer that you may be required to report within one hour of calling on Monday afternoon. Please be sure to check this website or call before reporting as there is no guarantee at this time that you will be needed to report on Monday.
Juror #'s A376 - A900 Please check this web site or call Monday, March 10, 2014 after 5:30 PM for further reporting instructions as you are NOT required to report Monday.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE HALL OF JUSTICE
- Please plan your trip to arrive on time. Entry to the building begins at 7:45 AM
- It can take 30 minutes to pass through magnetometer screening once you arrive at the Hall of Justice. The Hall of Justice is located at 99 Exchange Blvd., directly across from the Blue Cross arena between Broad and Court Streets. Build this extra time into your departure and arrival.
- Parking is limited, check the Rochesterdowntown.com link near the top of this page and have an alternative in mind if your first choice is full. For information about RATES and locations of parking click on the Rochesterdowntown.com link at the top of the page.
- Read your entire Summons and complete the Juror Information section. Do not separate the form , the entire summons will be collected when you report.
- Do not bring any metal tools, utensils, glass bottles, knitting needles, pocket knives or items which could be considered a weapon.
- Speak to your employer before you report, it is your responsibility to know the rules about jury pay that apply to you.
- We ask that jurors dress respectful of the court. During Summer months in particular, shorts, flip sandals and other casual wear could result in you being asked to return with attire more appropriate for a courtroom setting.
ONCE YOU ARE HERE
- We will give you a complete orientation program.
- You may be assigned to more than one case.
- Plan on being here for the entire day, courts usually stop work at 5:00 PM, however they sometimes work beyond to finish selection.
- You can bring your electronic devises such as a Cell phone laptop, Mp3 etc. The Hall of Justice has Wi-Fi and we have numerous surge protected electrical outlets in Central Jury to help you keep your devices working.
- In the interest of fairness we remind you that the Court needs your undivided attention. Please keep your device in your custody and turn it off in courtrooms. Regardless of your level of participation, even if you are waiting to be questioned, it is important that you be attentive to the process. Court Deputies will ask you to stop texting, surfing the web or listening to electronic devices. Our practice is intended to be fair to everyone, to balance the need for you to stay connected and for the courts to work. The trial Judge will give you more specific instructions concerning the use of the internet, social media and prohibitions related to the use of electronic communications and independent research. We appreciate your cooperation.
WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING AMENITIES
- A refrigerator & microwave.
- Free Wireless Internet access ( Some lap tops may not be compatible with our non-secure network, we will provide a network cable to our server to enable non wi fi connections.)
- Access to a coffee stand.
- Restrooms and free magazines to read.
ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED YOUR SERVICE
- Please complete an Exit Questionnaire - We value this data to see how we are doing and use it to improve the system in the future.
- Jurors who are required to report in person will be disqualified for a minimum of 8 years in the future.
- Jurors dismissed from service who have not been required to report in person will be disqualified for 6 years in the future.
- Please contact the Jury Office if you need additional clarification.
Trial Jurors in service at the Hall of Justice:
Verification of Attendance:
An Attendance Verification Form is available to all jurors and required by many employers for payroll purposes. The Verification Form is distributed by our staff in the Central Jury Room. If you leave a courtroom after 4:45 PM, and you need a verification of attendance, please contact the Jury Office on the next business day so we can send one to you.
To contact us:
You can send e-mail by going to www.NYJUROR.gov, or call 371-3833 between 10:00 & 11:00 AM the next business day, or send a fax request to 371-3850
Use 99 Exchange Blvd, Rochester NY 14614 as a reference for an internet map search or a reference for your GPS.
In the event of building evacuation please follow the instructions of the Court Deputies, and ask a Deputy for help if needed.
Once outside you can go to the Blue Cross Arena on Broad St. & Exchange Blvd.
Call 371-3860 for the latest information.